NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KPresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:04:09 EST
Hi Susan,

In answer to your question about the drug Nalcrom  or Sodium Cromoglycate, the
indication for this drug is for gastrointestinal allergy. This drug has no
antihistaminic or anti-inflamatory activity.

In text book terms - this drug seems to exert a stabilizing effect upon mast
cells capable of releasing mediators.  I can attest that this drug has been
instrumental in maintaining my son's well being against chronic GI reflux
related to his milk protein allergy.  According to the compendium of
pharmaceuticals it does not mention any indication for eczema.   Hope this is
helpful.   Best of luck with Nicky.

Karen