NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:11:20 -0400
Want your opinions, please.

When we first, in desperation, were seeking a good ped gastro, we got a few names and called them all, and went to see the first one we could get an appt with.  We also made an appt with a 2nd doc we heard good stuff about.  Well we have seen the first doc 2x and love him...he was the one who did both rounds of bloodwork, ordered the stool testing and ordered the u/s.  He is the one who is exploring the celiac, advising us on the formula/eating issues, and currently probing the abnormal liver enzymes issue.

Now for my question...I never cancelled my appt with the 2nd doc...the appt. is this Thursday and the center that the doc works with seems so wonderful....they are very professional...sent me an intro pack that introduces the docs, nurses, office staff, dietician, and social worker (which I am sure my current doc doesn't even have).  As I said I love my current doc, but I get such a warm fuzzy feeling from this other place.  Should I still go to the 2nd opinion or just stick with my current doc who I like (but who I don't think has his own dieticians and social worker???)  Am I wasting my time going to the new doc on Thursday?? My hubby says there is nothing to gain by going to her.   I just thought another set of eyes and ears, another set of thoughts and ideas may help?!

Thanks for any advice?!

Nancy
w/ Tyler 15 months

"My son is my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise him is my greatest challenge"