NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alasdair Drysdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:35:43 -0500
I've been following the discussion about BK french fries with interest
since joining this list a couple of weeks ago.  Recently our daughter,
who has a dairy allergy, had violent diarrhea immediately after eating
some french fries, I suspect, at a chain restaurant (Friendly's).  Two
weeks prior to that the same thing happened at another local restaurant
after eating french fries.  So I put two and two together.  My question
is this:  how widespread is this problem with french fries?  Are they
often coated with whey or is it cassein, or what?  Should frozen french
fries be avoided, generally?   Thanks for any information.