NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 01:57:57 -0800
Hi everybody,
I have a major lactose intolerance, (with Crohn's disease aggravating the
symptoms. )  I have always be wary for some reason about tofu.  It's always
been like I don't want to eat too much of it, it felt like I didn't like
it.
I am now finally finding out that I get the same kind of reaction that I
get with milk, which is very strong gastrointestinal problems, with strong
pain, gas and diarrhea, also caused by eating tofu.
Anybody else has heard of, or experience this?   It could be that it has
been talked about here, but I've been subscribing to the list just a few
weeks, and I don't remember anybody mentioning it.
I have read of the protein, or casein allergies, but not the inability to
digest tofu.
All help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Monica