NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 10:57:14 -0400
Hi -

Our family ranges from mildly lactose intolerant to moderately allergic
to casein (tolerance is about 1/8 tsp milk).  We've found that most pizza
places will be happy to make up a pizza with no cheese, or 1/2 cheese.  Some
will forgive a bit on the cost, or replace it with an extra (cheap) topping.
Others won't, but you can still eat the pizza.

For the very sensitive or anaphylactic, this won't work.  See if there's
an Armenian restaurant or store near you, since they make a different
kind of pizza that doesn't even think about cheese.

CHeers,
--Beth Kevles