NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:36:31 -0800
.... studies of allergic infants - what symptoms do they still have as
adults,
> whether typical allergy, or more subtle chronic health problems (compared to
> non-allergic infants, of course).  If anyone knows of such studies,

My studies, which have been going on for 11 years, are anecdotal, but
corroborated in other anecdotal studies, so should be totally ignored by
anyone with half a brain.

But I have seen the same thing over and over again, enough so that I
believe it is very common for allergies to continue for a lifetime. In
case any of you uneducated, trusting types are interested, I'll share
what I have seen. Many patients who complain of neck pain, back pain,
headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica have these symptoms
alleviated in my office with chiropractic treatment, physical therapy,
and the elimination of chocolate and dairy foods. The symptoms almost
always (I don't have a double blind study for you with stats) return
when these patients eat dairy foods again. Many of them tell me, "That's
funny, I used to be allergic to dairy foods, but I'm not anymore." I
hear that all the time.

Other symptoms I suspect as adult milk allergy (or other allergies):
ovarian cancer, endometriosis, varicose veins, gall bladder, thyroid,
mental problems, cardiac problems, stroke, crepitus, arthritis,
fibromyalgia, psoriasis.

Symptoms seem to change over time. I'm sure there are people who never
seem to react again. But many who believe this still consult doctors and
take medication for health problems that they believe, and their doctors
believe, have nothing to do with milk, or diet for that matter.

But in my opinion, based on my experience and research, there are a ton
of reasons to not poison your child with milk. They might want marijuana
someday too, and feel deprived if you keep them from it. Some will say
their kids don't react to coke, or fast food, or tobacco. So feed your
kids whatever you want. Ignore impassioned researchers and practitioners
like me and Robert Cohen, who was ousted from this list because of his
passion and his personal quirks. But read his book, Milk The Deadly
Poison, and Frank Oski's Book, Don't Drink Your Milk, and my book, No
Milk, and Steve Carper's book, and Back to Eden (1939), and Fit For
Life, and anything by John McDougall.

Some of the info is old, but the truth remains the same. Milk does not
do a body good, Milk is for cows. If you want to give it to your kids
because you feel there isn't enough evidence, or the evidence isn't good
enough, or because you want to remain unhealthily skeptical, go ahead.

Mty passion and conviction may turn you off. I just pray that it doesn't
make you go out and poison youir kids.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.