NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linnea Ogrentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:35:56 -0700
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the list and to no-milk cooking:  We strongly suspect that my 3yo son has a problem with milk and dairy.  His symptoms are:  ear infections, swollen glands, enlarged spleen, loose bowels (these things have been pretty constant).  The doctor tells me not to be "silly"... tells me this is all "normal".  Lotta help he is.  I am attempting to eliminate the dairy and to see if this helps and I am looking forward to the postings here to help me find the substitutes and support I need.  Do these symptoms ring a bell with anyone?  My son never complains, is in no apparent pain...and is generally a very happy kid.  But I'd like to steer clear of things that could hurt him more in the future...and milk from what I've been reading can.

Also, any advise on transitioning a milk drinking/dairy eating child over to a no-milk diet? Any help would be greatly appretiated!

Thank you!  Linnea in Chicago

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."  Albert Einstein