NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Angela Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:39:19 +0200
> I took it about 3 times and not only did it taste horrible, but I
> reacted to it.  I am sure it is the lactoalbumin but maybe it is the
> ascorbic acid?  Can anyone tell me what the consensus on lactablumin
> is?

My son tested positive to casein, lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin. It is not
too common to be allergic to the three milk proteins but it is indeed
possible.
And if you are severely allergic to lactoalbumin you will react to it
hidrolized
or not as there are always some tiny ammounts of non hydrolized protein in
it,
and you could also be reacting to the "broken" protein if you are that
sensitive.
That's the same reason why an infant who is severely allergic to milk
should not take hydrolized formula even if it is labeled hypoallergenic
or something like that.

Angela