NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kris Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 06:54:02 EST
<< I don't know about the sodium lactate in shampoo, that sounds like it might
 just be another name for lactic acid, which I believe is not derived from
 dairy. But I would call the manufacturer just to be sure. >>

It's been a long time since college chemistry and biochemistry, but this is
another chemical form of lactic acid -- which is normal in our own bodies and
in nature (unrelated to dairy).  There is little reason to believe it has
ANYTHING to do with dairy, but if your child is so allergic that skin contact
is a problem, call the manufacturer for your own peace of mind.

Kris