NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott/Debbie Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:29:46 -0400
Nancy Weir wrote:
 I would be a little worried that if
> you keep exposing him to these small amounts of milk he may
> become increasingly allergic (perhaps you could check that
> with a allergist doctor).
-----------
Both my daughter's pediatric allergist and a medical doctor who spoke at
the recent Food Allergy Network Conference in Baltimore said that
exposing an allergic child to small doses of a suspected food allergen,
even if it causes no noticeable symptoms, may prevent that child from
ultimately outgrowing the allergy.  They both feel strongly that strict
avoidance is the only way to go with food allergies in chldren.For this
reason I won't let my daughter have dairy-containing foods even if she
seems to tolerate them, such as Hershey's Chocolate Syrup which bears a
kosher certification of a circled U followed by the letter D (indicating
the presence of a dairy ingredient).
--------
Debbie