NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 16:12:58 -0500
----------
From:  Darlene Doucette[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:  Tuesday, November 11, 1997 9:51 PM
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Re: Types of reactions

Darla;
I have been having a lot of behavioral problems with my son.  Not a constant
thing but when it flares it flares.  He is mildly hyperactive ( for being almost 4yrs).
Doctors have told me that Asthmatics are hyper because of the medicines they
take.  I'm not so sure I would blame it on asthma.  After listening to all of you
parents out there, I am seeing a relationship between food allergies and hyperactivity.
I was so scared when I found out my son was allergic to dairy, eggs, lamb.
He is also allergic to wheat.  I have removed everything from his diet except wheat because
it was not life threatening, and O.K. maybe I felt sorry for him....or myself.
Do you think the wheat could be causing his irritability??
He has NO symptoms to wheat.  I should also mention he was misdiagnosed on his first
testing.  He tested a 4 on dairy, eggs, lamb, shellfish, peanuts, and nuts.
Second testing was a 4 on dairy, eggs,(wasn't tested for lamb). And a 2 on wheat.
I can't help but now wonder which doctor was right???  I thought the 2nd doctor because
I know for a fact that he is not allergic to peanuts.
Any info you know of linking emotional/behavioral problems, or hyperactivity to allergies
would be nice.  Know of any books??
Thanks,
Kelly

 My son had chronic ear infections, 37 recorded Dr visits by age 34 months.
He had tubes put in also.  I have been told I have chronic bronchitis because
I get a bad case about 2 times a year.
When son had asthma atack, he was put on a nebulizer.  Kept it 8 months and
did a lot of reading in that time.  He always had the allergic "shiners" too.
Read about milk connection and removed dairy from his diet. 2 weeks later he
was symptom free.  Both kids drink Rice Dream now.   Son is ADHD & OCD too.
 Not sure if daughter has it or if she is imitating brothers.  (Our oldest
son -age 11, was reacted to dairy as an infant but has no apparent problems
now, tho he has ADD.  Youngest son age 18 months - not sure about him...he
has allergic shiners but no other symptom.
Darla