NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:58:28 -0500
Hi -

For baking, pure lard is often an excellent substitute for butter.  And
in fact,many recipe books did the *reverse* substitution in the interests
of health (lard isn't particularly good for your arteries).

There was an article about lard in the ... New York Times?  food section
recently.

(In our house we use Fleischmann's unsalted.  We're in the US.)

--Beth Kevles
  Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message should be construed as medical
  advice.  Please consult with your own medical practicioner.