NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebridan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 17:46:59 EDT
Just thought I would let those know who are interested that keeping Kevin off
dairy has definitely helped.  He's the ten yr. old who has always wet the bed
(and cries easily).  Well, last week as soon as I took him off dairy he was
completely dry 4 nights out of 7.  I think that is almost a record.  In 10
years that happen maybe only one other time.  He did cheat a bit because he
made some mistakes with dairy, especially at school or over a friends house.
But I don't think its going to be that hard to keep him off dairy because he
has seen the actual proof of his allergy.  Also, I found a kosher passover
chocolate that I can handle.  Never found a chocolate before that I could
tolerate.  It had no leitchen and very few ingredients.  It looked like a
little coffee bean.  Sorry I don't have the ingredients with me now.  I don't
want to give the impression that I believe we should be looking for
alternative junk food, but just that little hit of chocolate every once in a
while is a crutch that I just can't quite give up.  Along with giving up
dairy, what kind of food choices do some of you make? I maybe want to join
another list but I seem to fall somewhere inbetween the low-carbos and the
paleo's.  Happy Mother's Day, Jane