NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:05:04 -0800
On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:58:38 -0500 Jessica L <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> He's never been sensitive to it before now, but does this
>sound reasonable?  I'm going to discontinue the pedialyte as of now, but
>does anyone have any suggestions.  Could this just be a reaction the
>virus or is it more likely an allergy sensitivity?
>        His symptoms are diarrhea, flatulence, swollen stomach (hard as
>rock), abdominal cramping and frequent desire to burp.  Thanks
>everyone!

Has he ever shown an intolerance to corn?  I tried Pedialyte with my
daughter once (before we figured out the corn thing) and could not figure
out why she was not getting better.  We finished the bottle and
miraculously, she started getting better.  Likewise with any liquid meds,
they usually contain sorbitol and have her all out of whack.  It's a fine
balance for treating symptoms and avoiding the offending substances.  I
also found out that, unlike real milk or baby formula, soy milk (and
breastmilk) are considered OK for a liquid diet.  I've read that there is
a Ricelyte, but never been able to find it.  I don't know what the source
for the glucose in Gatorade is, so we've never tried that.

Kathy P.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]