NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MATTHEW WINTER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 09:40:48 -0400
Helen,

I am inquiring about the Hershey's situation.  Does this mean they will not
be manufacturing the Dark Chocolate bar with milk??

I wish they had one or two other products made without milk.  They could
make a lot of money by producing a whole milk-free line since there are so
many people who are lactose intolerant.

Thanks,

Matt

----------
> From: MATTHEW WINTER <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Dairy Alert: Sweet News
> Date: Friday, May 22, 1998 9:07 AM
>
> Helen,
>
> I am inquiring about the Hershey's situation.  Does this mean they will
not
> be manufacturing the dark chocolate with milk?
>
> I wish they would have one or two other products that were made without
> milk.  They could have  a whole line of products without milk.  They
would
> make a lot of money.
>
> Matt
>
> ----------
> > From: Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Dairy Alert: Sweet News
> > Date: Thursday, May 21, 1998 5:47 PM
> >
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > John Long's office at Hershey Foods just returned my call. As of late
> this
> > afternoon there will be a notice on both Hershey's website and the Food
> > Allergy Network's stating that Hershey will be offering the original
> > "Special Dark" bar to customers via mail order on a trial basis.
> >          This is a sweet win for us all. Arlene J. Mathes-Scharf of
> > kashrut.com was the one who brought this to our attention first. I'm
> > pleased to note Arlene has applied to join our 1998 advisory board.
> Thanks
> > to kashrut.com, FAN, our parents and the FAN parents we have made a
> > difference. And of course we appreciate Hershey's sensitivity to our
> > family's special needs.
> >         In fact we will commending Hershey in our June newsletter for
how
> > they handle the food allergy related wording on their "Shell Topping"
> > product. At the end of the ingredient panel they printed the OU - D.
And