NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 15:51:41 -0500
> Please beware that many of us who study food allergy and practice with
> it do not believe that allergy is outgrown. (We might be wrong). Theron
> Randolph, who wrote the book, Food Allergy in 1943 with Dr. Rinkell,
> called those asymptomatic periods of time "masking." Hans Selye calls it
> the period of adaptation---which does not last long.

If I recall correctly you are a chiropractor, not an allergist, right?
Have you conducted (or read) any scientific studies, or are you making
these conclusions based upon anecdotal evidence?

Has anything been written about this "masking" and recurrence or
adaptation a little more recently than 1943?  If so could you provide
references and a little on the credentials of the author(s)?

I have read in several sources that I considered reputable that *infants*
with cow's milk allergies often do outgrow them permanently.

I'm not saying what you say can't be true, but so far you haven't given
me any reason to believe it.

You also said once that ear infections were *always* eliminated by
eliminating dairy from the diet, yet my son had several ear infections
when he and I were both strictly and scrupulously dairy-free.  So I
remain a bit skeptical about your authority on milk allergy.

--Robyn