NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:06:18 -0800
> I just had problems with a milk-free liquid calcium supplement.  It was
> also yeast-free, gluten-free, dye-free, etc. (sounded real good!)
However,
> it contained sorbitol and I seem to remember sorbitol being discussed on
> this list.  Can anyone refresh my memory?
 > Judith Murrray Griffiths

Hi again,
        I forgot to mention in my other post that there is a very good Calcium
Supplement (I've been taking it for a while) that doesn't contain any milk
products or sorbitol.   It is the Schiff Super Calcium (I take the "Super
Calcium-Magnesium with Vitamin D")
        It comes in softgels that have nothing to irritate my gut, and that is a
lot to say, after 25 years of Crohn's with quite a few resections "under my
belt" ;-)
        I buy my vitamins now from a mail order source called The Vitamin Shoppe.
They carry all the name brands at a discount, and ship very fast.  You
might want to request their catalog at 1-800-223-1216.
Be well,
Chao,
Monica