NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:25:50 -0800
Do you use canned veggies or frozen veggies? Is one or the other better?

I use some canned and some frozen just based on personal preference.  I think frozen are usually fresher and have less salt, etc. added.

Do you stay home with your son? How old is he now and how did you know he
had such an intolerancy? If he is at daycare or somewhere during the day
what kind of food do you pack for his lunch?

My son is in second grade now and in public school.  So far we have made it through 2 years of preschool, kindergarten, and first grade with no problems.  Although the teacher he has this year may create our first problems.  Luckily, he is now old enough to look out for himself quite a bit.  We first learned of his food allergies when I mixed milk-based formula in with the cereal I tried to feed him and he immediately broke out in hives.  I pack his lunch and snack for him every day.  I don't even consider buying a school lunch for him because he is also very allergic to peanuts in addition to milk.  The school kitchen has a lot of both.  We keep Moon Pies at school for him in case someone brings in a birthday treat.  That way he can have something special, too.

Sandy