NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 09:19:53 -0500
HI all,

I was at my brother-in-laws last night and saw my poor nephew (2 1/2 yrs)
in very poor health. He has a cough that will not go away that is really
mucousy. He has been cautiously diagnosed with asthma but he has other
symptoms that I noticed like dark circles under his eyes and a bloated
tummy. I am not a doctor but this to me looks like an allergy, possibly
milk.

I casually mentioned (I hate to be a buttinski) that he might have an
allergy but there was not a huge response to that. As the evening wore on,
and this poor kid was given different inhalers, meds, he looked awful. I
finally suggested that he go on a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce,
toast) for a couple of days to see if there is any change, then address the
problem from a different angle.

If any of you have expereince with this, maybe I can gently pass it on to my
brother-in-law. His little boy needs help!

thanks, Lori