NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 13:40:01 -0400
>Do you have a tip on something besides butter in mash potatoes??  I miss them
>so much, i know Jay would love them if I could find something for besides
>butter.

I make make mashed potatoes with expeller pressed canola oil.  For extra
protein and calcium, I grind up tofu to a creamy texture and add that.  And,
to add veggies for my veggie-hating son, I add cooked cauliflower to the
creamy tofu.  I eyeball this and don't have a recipe.

>How do you make your own nut butters?

Trish I got the recipe from "The Yeast Connection Cookbook".  Get a blender
or food processor.  Take 1/2 cup of nuts and grind to a fine meal.  Add 1-2
teaspoons of oil and glend.  You may want to use more oil or hot water to
get the right consistency.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."