NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terry McJunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:24:13 -0500
>now that I've stopped nursing him--for some reason he was not getting
>enough breastmilk but refused to nurse enough to increase my supply) and I
>don't want to malnourish him.

Hi Margo,
No kids myself, but my sister, mother of 3, has convinced me that
breast-feeding isn't a no-brainer.  She found that the volume of milk she
produced had most to do with how much water she drank.  She's not a big
drinker and wasn't thirsty, but her baby was clearly hungry for more than
she was producing.  She finally got some advice from a woman who had
successfully breast fed.  That woman's advice was far superior to anything
doctors or nurses had told her.  I know you've quit nursing your baby, now,
but if you have another, maybe talking to someone who breastfed for a year
or more could help you.  Good luck.
Terry