NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosie McKeever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 15:43:24 EDT
Medication Warning

(from the NIH web page) -- lactose is used as the base for more than 20
percent of prescription drugs and about 6 percent of over-the-counter
medicines. Many types of birth control pills, for example, contain
lactose, as do some tablets for stomach acid and gas.
•Mrs. Michael Leveille tells me that Benadryl lists lactose as an
ingredient. •Mrs. Michael Leveille tells me that many vitamins contain
lactose. •Ellen Halpern tells me that all types of nutritional
supplements may contain lactose. Tread carefully.

•All Johnson & Johnson / Merck medications (Mylanta and Pepcid AC) are
lactose-free. •Pepto Bismol (liquid, caplets, tablets) is lactose-free.