NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron/Denise Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:39:54 +0500
I would like to express my support of any debating that goes on on this
group concerning dairy consumption.  I have eliminated all dairy from my
diet at the recommendation of my naturopathic dr. who performed a blood
test on me that determined an intolerance to dairy (not an allergy).  The
more I learn about dairy the more I don't mind at all not being able to
have it.  However, I have also now taken my family off of dairy (husband
and 4 kids).  None of us are allergic, and show no negative symptoms to
eating dairy or anything else for that matter.  I appreciate as much info
as I can get about dairy so that I can defend my position of eliminating
dairy from my family's diet.  Society is so brainwashed into thinking that
dairy is so important in our diets, it is difficult to explain to people
that we're off of dairy without allergies being the reason.

 I joined this list to learn about how to live without dairy, thru new
recipes and alternative products.  I have a rare blood disease called
Polycythemia Vera, which I believe has been held in check by my new diet.
I am off of dairy, cane sugar, and wheat.  People in my corner of the world
are so foreign to the idea that diet has such an impact on our health, that
I feel like somewhat of a freak in situations where food is the center of
activity.  They understand that I'm trying to deal with a disease with no
known cure (medically speaking), so they support my efforts.  But I think
they feel I've gone off the deep end when it comes to my family and their
diet.  Oh well, time will tell.

Denise