NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:34:02 -0500
Paul Guthrie [log in to unmask]
Another Easy dairy-free fudge recipe

We live in Australia and there aren't too many conveniences for the
allergic.  I borrowed a book from the library.  It is called "More from the
Sensitive Gourmet" by Antoinette Savill.  Some of the recipes call for soy
yogurt and soy cream.  Now that I can do soy cream I am delighted.

I make a microwave fudge that is dairy and chocolate free, easy and quick...

2 & 2/3 cups pure icing sugar
1/2 cup carob powder
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts or walnuts

Stir the sugar and carob powder together in microwave safe bowl, add soy
milk and margarine.  Do not mix.  Cook for 2 minutes in microwave.  Stir.
Add vanilla and nuts .  Stir until blended.

Pour into greased slice tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Cut it into
squares and serve to rounds of rapturous applause!

Regards
Cathy