NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellyn Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:57:40 -0400
 <<I look for Pareve symbols because
they confirm dairy is not present. Ironically, it is a no-name brand which
is the only chocolate product which carries the symbol in my favorite
grocery store!!>>

I discovered Bloomy's Chocolate Chips (Kosher/Pareve) during Passover in Food
Fare (owned by Shop Rite) in Wynnewood, PA, near Philadelphia.  It is a seasonal
item in this store, but this brand of candy can be found at many supermarkets
and specialty stores.

I did also find Kineret chocolate chip cookies (Kosher/Pareve) in the frozen
Kosher section of this supermarket.  They are already in cookie form, you just
take them out of the package and pop them in the oven.  Store management tells
me that this is a year-round item. They're expensive, but they are quite tasty
and, most important, they're "safe".

I have been able to eat Sunspire chips (found at Fresh Fields) which I believe
are labeled "dairy-free", but they, per the company, are produced on a dairy
line.