NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cathy Cralle Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:13:49 -0500
> Do you know if any of these have Lactose fillers or do I need to ask every
> time from the pharmacist?

Lactose fillers I think are used only in tablets, so your liquid meds should
all be fine.  It varies from tablet to tablet even within the same
medication.  For example, the 4 mg and 5 mg tablet of Singulair has no
lactose, but the 10 mg does!  I found the Internet to be more helpful than
my pharmasist.  You can usually just search by product name and find the
manufacturers product information for each med.  I called the pharmasist
today re the Clarinex and he told me to call the manufacturerr.  Maybe he
was just lazy.

Good luck,

Cathy