NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 20:44:36 -0800
On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:05:28 -0700 Judith Murray Griffiths
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Does anyone know about the ingredients in the soft pretzels that are
sold
>at malls?

It depends.  If they are the ones that hang in the revolving heat light
thing, they are probably OK.  However, I've had many occasions where
fresh, soft baked pretzels are coated in butter.  This is more the
gourmet, trending thing.  There was also an Amish farmer's market that I
used to frequent that dipped them in butter.  These are way different
than the ones that you get at Orange Julius type places.

I've found that most pretzels are OK, but I'd still ask to see the
ingredients list.
Kathy