NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeanine Callag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 14:47:37 -0400
Regarding::
Theoretically, if a person is not very protein sensitive they MAY be able to
handle an occasional small piece of very sharp cheese.

My 2 1/2 year old son tests allergic to milk.  On the scale from 1-4 on the
back test
he tests a 4, but he doesn't react with satellite hives like he use to.  Now
he just gets a large hive on his back.  However, I have given him bread with
milk or whey in it and he seems to do ok!   I've also let him  have cookies
with whey in it and  he seems ok.

I'd like an opinion on what the list would think if I let him sample cheese.
 (He's never had it)  Would this be like the whey protein?  What other foods
with the whey protein could possible be ok with him and are there any other
milk proteins not as severe with foods I could try.  Help.....Thanks

Jeanine