NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:47:36 -0400
Pretty much the consensus. Complicated, with variations based on the
labeling practices of the various certifying agencies.

For our family, pareve labeling is a pretty good indicator that we'll
be ok. No worse than any product not labeled dairy-free.

Regardless of the labeling, there are no guarantees of the absence of
all dairy contaminants. Products manufactured in totally separate
facilities would be best.

What we all need is some agency that is responsible for certifying
proper separation of equipment or scientifically valid and enforced
cleansing of equipment.

Mark