NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:17:02 -0400
http://www.jewish.com/askarabbi/askarabbi/askr4178.htm

shows a rabbi stating that coconut milk is pareve.  I have heard about
certain conditions being placed on the use of milk-like ingredients when
cooking, for example when cooking a meat dish with almond milk, one should
leave almonds out on the counter to reassure your guests that the meal is
kosher.  I assume the same would apply to the use of pareve non-dairy
creamer or coconut milk.  However, I don't see how this could be a problem
in a kosher bakery...they don't usually make kosher meat items.

Of course, canned/packaged coconut milk could always be processed in such
a way as to make it kosher dairy.

Gail Lewis