NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 20:11:56 -0500
On 2/8/07, Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  The last thing i will add, however, is I am entitled to add my input just
> as much as the next person, whether or not it maintains the status quo.

Yes, and we are entitled to point out where it doesn't make sense, where it
flies in the face of well-established fact, and where your opinions are
dangerous.

The status
> quo can be very stifling and opressive, so I research information outside
> of that so I know I am well informed.

You frequently make this claim, but as far as I can tell, you never check
references or validate the authority of the sources you get your information
from.  You believe and pass on any nugget that appeals to you, with no
regard to its actual correspondence to "truth".  Everything you read on the
internet, everything you hear at a midwives' conference, everything a friend
of a friend of a friend who flunked out of medical school tells you, is not
necessarily true.  I don't believe you've ever backed up any of the
fantastic claims you've made here with any kind of verifiable evidence.
Last time I asked you for evidence of something, you sent me to a very
questionable website that *didn't even back up your claim*!  So, naturally,
those of us with more discriminating information gathering preferences write
you off as someone with nothing useful to contribute to a serious forum.
It's not that what you write goes against the status quo, it's that you
spout it as fact with no corroborating evidence.  People's lives are at
stake here.  They are not going to listen to whatever nonsense you spout
just because you say so, or you once heard someone say it at a midwives'
conference or whatever.

Robyn