NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:43:29 -0600
: Is this a chicken and egg question?  Was it the allergy that caused symptoms
: doctors felt necessary to treat with antibiotics or was it the antibiotics
: that screwed up the immune system.  Your thoughts/experiences?

I guess I'd figure chicken-and-egg, unless there was a very good
test protocol that could differentiate.  I'm not even sure how you'd
do that - except deny antibiotics to sick kids... which isn't likely
to happen!

Anyway, Alyssa was food-allergic long before antibiotics.  She's
only had them (all ear infections) about 6 times in her whole life (almost 5yrs).
No asthma, though.

Laurie (and Alyssa, 4.75yo, allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and walnuts)