NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marian Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:42:39 -0800
I'm unclear about whether it is legally permitted for "natural flavorings" to
include milk or whey. I have no problem with casein. In reading the labels on
several bags and boxes of hard candies, some listed the dreaded whey, but
others listed "natural flavoring". Anybody know the answer to this? Thanks!
                                                                    Marian

Lynda Mitchell wrote (excerpt follows)