NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARGARET E HERRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:42:37 EST
Hi, IIya,

As my chiropractor's door mat says, "Glad to see you're (your) back".

It appears that milk and ice cream are famous for causing mucous and
stuffing up sinus tracts and ears too.  However, I have that same result
from cheese and wine (unless it is vintage wine and not "quality
controled" by using sulfites.)

In my case the culprit is sulfites.  They occur naturally in those
fermented foods, but are also added in the manufacture thereof,
especially the wines.  I used to wonder why I developed a sinus attack
every time I ate Pizza or an Italian dish with cheese, along with some
wine.

I worked in a hospital pediatrics ward about 45 years ago and whenever a
child came in with upper respiratory probems all the pediatricians
immediately cut out milk and other dairy products.  The child could have
sweetened tea, water and diluted juices, but no milk.
I wonder why modern doctors don't seem to know this any longer.

Best wishes.                         Maggie