NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 17:51:10 -0400
My dh has a very sensitive milk allergy, so when we were expecting our
first child, I decided that I would eliminate all milk from my diet for
the first six months of breastfeeding in the hopes of preventing any
possible milk allergy in our son.  Of course, no formula at all.  Well,
now the six months are up and theoretically his digestive tract has
matured enough to handle things better now.  Should I go ahead and start
adding small amounts of milk products to my diet again, or is there any
benefit to waiting?  Any research out there?  I'm keeping the baby foods
milk-free until he's a year old...I can't see giving a young kid things
like cheese and yogurt.

Gail Lewis