NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 01:14:28 -0500
Seasons Greetings,

Thank you every one for once again helping me pass along helpful hints to
one of our parents.

Here is a copy of all your replies.

Thanks for your help,

#1------
I use Farm Rich's non-dairy creamer, which occasionally I drink like
milk (in fact I enjoyed it last nite with a little Amaretto syrup
added)...

It comes in 3 varieties, 'Original', 'Low Fat', and 'Fat Free'...
having used all 3 varieties, I suspect the 'Low Fat' and 'Fat Free'
varieties are just the 'Original' variety with more water added, and
since they charge the same amount, I stick with 'Original' (figuring I
can water it down myself if I so choose)...

Anyways, according to the data on the carton, 1 cup of the 'Original'
variety of Farm Rich creamer contains 9 grams of fat...

-----#2
Helen, Carnation's Alsoy and any other formula
is not fat free.  As an adult, I water it down two
to one.  For a child , follow the directions on the
can of one to one.  This product has a good
taste.  I am remembering my son's formula
from 36 yrs ago.  It was Mullsoy and a horror.
It smelled bad and stained everythingi it came
into contact with.  What an improvement over
the years with the soy bean formulas.  BTW,
he didn't know any better and to him, it was
good.          Rosalie
                      NJ
------#3
Rice Dream is dairy-free and has 2 or 3 grams of fat per serving,
depending on the variety.

------#4
Most of the rice milks have added fat, usually in the form of safflower oil
or canola oil - some less-allergenic variety of oil.

Mark F.

------#5
Dear Helen
I drink Pacific Select Soya Milk.  It is from California, US
and I buy it in Ontario, Canada.  It has 3g fat per serving.
It is the cheapest soya milk the local bulk food store
carries.

=
Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
Dairy-Free education and support nonprofit organization
Sponsored in part by Yahoo!

10425 SW 114 Ct.
Miami, FL 33176
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
ICQ#: 6113526
Phone: 1-305-598-0374   FAX 1-305-598-5476