NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:02:31 -0400
> Last time I was at the grocery store, I found some Hebrew National deli
> meats in packages with the other lunch meats.  I recently saw a TV
> commercial for them also.  They have Corned Beef, Pastrami, and Smoked
> Turkey.  The turkey has corn in it, so we haven't tried that one.  The
> other two were just great.  A 4oz. package was $2.29 - not extremely
> expensive for corned beef or pastrami.  Since they are individually
> packaged, they would eliminate any potential slicer contamination
> problems.  I can get Hebrew National Bologna at the deli counter (same
> store), but they use the same slicer as they do for the cheese!  They
> have 2, but I only ever see them use the one.

I am lucky; our grocery store has a separate slicer for the kosher
coldcuts.  So does our BJ's (warehouse club store).  I have bought
the packaged HN meats and they are all pretty good.  You might also
look for Empire Kosher lunch meats.  They have a turkey salami,
turkey pastrami, turkey bologna, as well as plain turkey.  I think
they also have chicken bologna.

--Robyn