NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 22:40:39 -0600
Ron/Denise Morton wrote:

> Does anybody have a recipe for dairy free vanilla pudding?

Our favorite is to use one package of inexpensive Mori-Nu (or similar)
firm tofu, 1 T water and blend until smooth in a blender.  Add honey (I
guess you could use white suger if you wanted) and vanilla extract
(about 1 t.) to taste.  Chill and serve.

Add dutch cocoa for chocolate if you want a different flavor.

The vanilla also works well in recipes asking for vanilla pudding or
sweetened condensed milk - like pumpkin pie.

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to