NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:53:50 -0700
I did not realize that I had a recipie for the
lasagne question that came up - oops.  Since we can't
eat traditional lasagne anymore, we eat meat stuffed
shells.  My hubby loves them and they satisfy (for
the most part) the lasagne craving.

This is the recipie off the back of SanGiorgio Jumbo
Shells.

MEAT FILLED JUMBO SHELLS

1 Box shells, uncooked
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork (we use another lb. of beef instead)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup flavored bread crumbs (I use Jason - parve)
3/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
3/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 jars spag. sauce (I use Ragu Saut. Onion Garlic)

Cook shells according to package directions; drain.
Cool in a single layer on wax paper/aluminum foil (so
they don't stick). Brown meat in skillet; drain.
Combine meat, eggs, bread crumbs, onions, salt,
pepper, oregano.  Fill each shell with about 1 1/2
tbsps meat filling.  Spread a thin layer of sauce on
the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.  Place shells in
dish; cover with remaining sauce.  Cover with foil
and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.

Makes about 36 shells.

Hope this helps!

Amanda