NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveeles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:19:07 -0800
First off, thanks to Ronan O'Brien for the link to
CNN, now that's the kind of "English" I can
understand.  I am curious if this relates to those of
us who suffer from Secondary Lactose Intolerance -
that is LI brought on by illness, disease, etc.  Mine
is secondary to Crohn's disease (Irritable Bowel
Disease) and is quite permanent.

One more thing I am curious if anyone else has
experienced this.  During my first pregnancy, I found
that I was able to consume any form of dairy!  As soon
as my son was born, however, my GI tract went right
back to being lactose intolerant.  My docs were
dumbfounded by this and unable to explain it.  Has any
one else had this happen or maybe know why?  (During
my second pregnancy - there was no recurrence of this.
And no, I didn't get pregnant again to see if I could
eat ice cream, although I did have high hopes!)  Ha,
ha!

Take care all, Debby.