NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:22:41 -0800
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:04:29 -0500 "Jenn S." <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
We deal with dairy as well as wheat allergies here, so welcome to my
world :-)

> It needs to also be gluten
> free for when I make mashed potatoes and other foods that require
> milk for the whole family.

I no longer try to sub soy milk for things like mashed pototoes (minor
soy allergy in one child and rice milk is even more distastful).  When
making mashed potatoes, I reserve some of the cooking liquid to use
instead.  I add a bit of extra margerine (we use Nucoa or Saffola
unsalted).

> Her birthday is coming up soon and I need some cake
> recipes, she loves chocolate.

Are you looking for one that is just dairy free or gf as well??  There is
a chocolate wacky cake that is dairy free and very easy.  It also
converts to vanilla, spice or orange quite easily also.  I've also
converted it be gf.  Let me know which version you'd like and I can post
it.  I also have a molasses cake recipe that is dairy free (uses
shortening).  I've done this one gf also.

Kathy

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.