NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 06:34:25 -0500
Holly

Are you giving her a lot of soy?  Often people who are allergic to
casein are also allergic to soy (I am one of those people).

Another relatively common problem that goes hand in hand with a dairy
allergy is celiac disease.  This is a condition where the body sees
gluten as a toxin and sets up an immune reaction to it.    Gluten is
the protein in barley, rye, oats and wheat.

My children and I are all celiacs and are allergic to casein.

Sherene in Norfolk