NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 10:59:19 -0800
On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:31:46 -0500 April Wells <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> I'd like to give my dairy-free daughter something new for desert.

I've come up with something that is close to a pudding using Jell-O and
coconut milk.  Using the big package of gelatin (8 servings), combine the
powder with the 2 cups of boiling water.  Then for the cold water, use a
can of coconut milk.  One can is just under 2 cups but works just fine.
I use the full cream stuff - the light was not as good for this.  Mix
this well making sure all the cream has disolved and let it set up in the
fridge for a couple of hours.  It will separate into 2 layers - a jelly
layer and a creamy layer - which actually looks kind of neat in a mold.
Once it's set, use an electric mixer to whip it until it's smooth and
creamy.  Return it to the fridge for a little while to set up again.  It
makes sort of a light and creamy dessert.  I really like this with either
the pineapple or lemon flavor Jell-O.

Kathy P.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.