NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Debbie Benstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 12:40:55 +0200
Robert Cohen 1-888-not-milk wrote:
I would be interested
> in knowing why all of you are here, what brought you here, what if any bad reactions you've experienced from cow's milk.

I originally joined this list because I wanted to be better educated so
that I could help my anaphylactic preschooler cope more easily. She used
to break out in hives from being touched by a hand which had touched
cheese, not to mention the violent throwing up (excuse the graphics).

I gave up milk (on our allergist's advice) when I was nursing our second
daughter in order not to expose her to milk or its derivatives. She
turned out not to be allergic (although mildly lactose intolerant I
think) and in the process of not having milk for 2 years I seem to have
become severely lactose intolerant myself. Has anyone else found this
has happened to them? I'd actually like to be able to have a hot
chocolate now and then. Is there any way to reverse the lactose
intolerance in cases like mine?

Debbie