NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EngJrnTchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:11:34 -0600
I have made homemade ice cream using soy milk without problems.  I don't
remember which recipe I used.

I have also used Rich's Coffee Rich non-Dairy Creamer.  It is marked as
kosher pareve (with the circled U pareve).  You can find this in the
frozen food section of your grocery store.  I keep a few containers in
my freezer.  Because this is creamy, it works well in recipes to replace
that texture/flavor that you don't always get with soy milk.  Sometimes
I mix it half Coffee Rich and half soy milk in recipes.

The Coffee Rich container often has good recipes on the back too :)

Ingredients are:  water, corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil,
contains less than 2% of the following:  mono and diglycerides, soy
protein isolate, sodium stearoyl lactylate [This is a suspicious
ingredient BUT it is marked pareve], polysorbate 60, dipotassium
phosphate, disodium phosphate, artificial flavor, sodium acid
pyrophosphate, colored with beta carotene.

Rich Products Corp.
Buffalo, NY 14240

Calories per tablespoon: 20; 10 calories from fat
no cholesterol
sodium 10mg
carbohydrates 2g
sugar 1g