NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:41:54 -0600
>My son's last reaction was from milk boiling on the stove.  He didn't eat it,
>didn't touch and was at least twenty feet away, but he still reacted to
>inhaling the protien.
>
>E.J.

That's possible, because what's floating in the air (milk/steam) may
not have been cooked and denatured. The milk protein may have been
carried up with the steam. The steam temperature may not be high (or
long enough of duration) to cook the protein, so it stays intact. My
son had that same problem when he was young (I haven't cooked much
milk since then).