NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kristin T Hulling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:45:51 -0500
Katherine,
I know exactly how you feel! I finally had my 4 year old son tested and I
was told he has no allergies, "Go ahead and feed him anything." (He had
a rast test at 15 months that was also negative but they claimed then that
he may have just been too young.) I felt so let down and humiliated when
these recent tests came back negative, although I guess I'm not too
surprised. Joshua has never had any anaphylactic reactions, just diarrhea
and severe mood swings. It's gotten to the point where family members even
doubt me now and think the mood swings are normal. But, I know the two
different Joshuas...he's a totally different child after having milk. I
know how you feel about hoping he reacts quickly enough in the doctor's
office. (my son's reaction is very delayed) It would be nice to have
someone in the medical field validate and reassure you that it's not
just "in your head."  Good luck. Let us know the results.

Kristi H.