NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:11:31 -0600
Hi Paula,

How are things going for you?

Thanks for the ideas you sent! :) I find myself going for bagels/toast more
often these days. :)

What kind of formula did you have Ben on that caused him to react? And which
one did you switch him too? I'm concerned that Isaac isn't doing so well on
this formula. Reason: he spits up all the time. They keep telling me baby's
do that (and I know that) but I'm worried because I did the same thing when
I was allergic and my parents though it was just normal "spit up" when it
wasn't. I don't want to be overly paranoid--if Isaac is just fine, than he
is just fine...but if he isn't well then!  I think you know what I mean.
Originally, while I was trying to get in enough breast milk to feed him, the
hospital had him on Nuetramegin and he didn't gain weight and wasn't growing
well. So he was switched to soy and he does well but spits up constantly. It
is just as likely he would be sensitive to soy as anything else. I have no
clue and the doctors aren't any where near as worried as I am (until he gets
older) so they aren't very reassuring or helpful. What do you think? What
kind of experience have you had? (p.s. if you can't write back right away--I
understand!)

Hope your little one is feeling better....

Smiles,
Dawn
:) :) :)