NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:35:51 -0500
Hi there,

  Thanks Mark, I am going to contact the farmer and do the double blind
testing on Zack in some kind of controlled atmosphere with epi-pen in hand.
Great idea! I took the milk fed animal connection for granted after the
allergist explained it. I was also informed that the some proteins are
present in the beef and chicken that are in the milk and egg. Hmmmm sounds
like a new research project for me... Also again with the dog food thing, he
did touch it but he has also been very prone to airborne reactions as well.
I guess I should mention that 3 allergist have said that Zack is the
exception and not the rule. Heck at one point they wanted to do all kinds of
tests and see if he could make it into medical books up here in Canada. Just
to make it clear though when I said that he "of course" had other allergies
I was doing so with a heavy sigh. I only meant that HE has other allergies
(be it just his luck poor kid).

  I did learn one thing on my recent vacation to Florida though. I do not
like the labelling laws there and I can see why you are all fighting for
amendments. I can honestly say that I fed Zack only McDonalds fries and food
I brought from home. Labelling laws are much more stringent in Canada.

Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita Doppenberg

Head Researcher
A.S.K. Inc.