NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:29:08 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 3:01:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Whey or milk seems to be
 more potent, but cheese seems to have less reaction.  >>

  This may be a question long ago answered but,  what is Whey?  I heard it was
the byproduct or waste water from cottage cheese.  I've noticed that cookies
or items with whey seem to bother me more than others.  I'm also allergic to
mold.  I can't take any cillin drugs and hard cheese seem to really bother me
also.

So where does whey fit into the dairy vs. protein vs. allergy vs. intolerance
vs. reaction area?  I've never really narrowed my afflictions down to allergy
or LI ,I just know what foods make me feel bad and cause behavior problems in
my daughter.  I get the fuzzy thinking and very grumpy if I eat the offending
food.  I'm just wondering if it isn't much narrower range of foods than I
originally thought.
I realize that, I alone, am the best judge, by trail and error, of  what foods
trigger problems in me.  I discovered yeast coating on dry roasted nuts are a
trigger.  Therefore, the homemade yeast rolls that I so love at O'Charleys are
the reason for the hangover the next day after eating there.

Hopefully this whey things can further help me eliminate triggers.

As always, I love the stories and information and support......

Suz